Authentic Sicilian charm
This retreat takes place at an old agriturismo (boutique farm hotel) run by a Sicilian family for generations. Luca and his father are generous hosts sharing old Sicilian anecdotes around a roundtable with fresh homemade Sicilian food (farm to table), making for an unforgettable farmstay experience.
The property boasts 13 aces of farmland with orange, lemon and olive trees with blooming flowers and cacti covering the gardens with a distant view of the ocean and remote enough to hear nothing but nature sounds.
There are two yoga platforms to choose from, one under pine trees with a view on the ocean and the other set in the middle of the olive farm.
The rooms are decorated in an authentic Sicilian manner with a no nonsense approach, making it feel homey.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Activities and highlights
- 2 extended yoga classes in nature (one morning and one in the late afternoon) Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Dynamic Flow
- 1 yoga workshop
- Various methods of meditation and breathwork explored and practised in nature (6 sessions of guided meditation)
- Talk by retreat host on meditation, mindful living & yoga philosophy
- Homemade, organic, vegetarian Sicilian food
- Lots of free time for silent introspection, silent walking and journaling
- Excursions to surrounding area (Cefalu, Castel de Tusa, Mistrette)
- Beach day with HIIT session
- Group Hike in nearby farmlands
Direct flights to Palermo
Only 1:30 hrs drive from Palermo airport on a very smooth new highway with very little traffic.
Train is possible to the village of TUSA where a pick up can be arranged.
Casa Migliaca is a rustic well decorated boutique country farmhouse with immense charm set in a tranquil natural setting. Get inspired by it's mesmerising energy and view on the ocean and quiet surroundings (no traffic to be heard)
Start time: 6:30 pm Friday Evening (6 May)
End time: 3 pm Wed Noon (11 May)
twin room share
Large simple rooms with ensuite bathrooms
Please email for deposit (25O €)
Michel Van Cauter
450 RYT, founder of Popup Yoga Concepts.